By reading this guide you consent to take responsibility for your own health and wellbeing and agree and recognise that the contents herein are merely the opinion of the author and do not constitute medical advice.
Always consult your doctor or physician before beginning any treatment regimen.
Note: This guide may contain references to our products or those of our affiliate partners. We encourage you to read our Revenue & Transparency page to learn more about how we fund our mission.
This guide is prescriptive but is very successful at helping those who apply it to overcome depression. Commit to it, it works.
Salient Point #1
If you are suffering so bad that anything beyond Core Protocol part 1 of this guide seems beyond your capabilities right now, then just use Core Protocol part 1 until you feel well enough to continue with the remainder of the protocol.
Be kind to yourself in this regard, but also take responsibility for your own growth and wellbeing by continuing with the suggestions in this guide when you are able to.
Chronic illnesses have multi-causal factors at play, so multi-faceted solutions are necessary for their successful remission.
For comments, support etc. please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Core Protocol part 1: Using Young Tissue Extract and Other Useful Nutrients
- The nutrients below are very effective at lowering depression and anxiety; restoring chemical balance within the body, and improving overall health.
- You’ll also find that you are much stronger and more immune to common colds and flu as well as all common chronic illnesses when you stay on this protocol. Use every day.
Young Tissue Extract / Laminine – 4 daily for the first week, then 2 daily. (takes 1 – 3 weeks to work) 1Laminine YTE: The Ultimate Gift to Health [Booklet] Christopher Hertzog – July 1, 2016
Liquid Turmeric Extract (Curcumin) – 2 daily. (takes 4 weeks to work) 2Move Over Prozac – How Turmeric Helps with Depression
Ashwagandha herbal supplement – 2 daily (takes 2 weeks to work) 3A Prospective, Randomized Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study of Safety and Efficacy of a High-Concentration Full-Spectrum Extract of Ashwagandha Root in Reducing Stress and Anxiety in Adults – K. Chandrasekhar, Jyoti Kapoor, and Sridhar Anishetty1, September 2012
Core Protocol part 2: Diet and Exercise
- Get the right type of nutrition that you need to feel well by eating a good diet.
- Lift your mood, confidence, energy levels and physical health by getting the right type of vigorous exercise in only minutes per week with the methods detailed in this book.
Core Protocol part 3: Sobriety
- If you have chronic depression and/or anxiety, I really believe that it’s impossible to recover if you are even a moderate, occasional drinker or recreational drug user. Recent research is proving this out. I couldn’t at least recover while still drinking and using drugs. I quit using the resources above. 7The Association between Alcohol Dependence and Depression before and after Treatment for Alcohol Dependence
- I’m also talking here about benzo-diazapines and sleeping pills such as Ambien, Stilnoct, Zimovane, Xanax, Librium and Valium. But never, ever quit these without medical supervision.
- If you’re a heavy drinker or drug user, seek professional help.
- Use the resources linked below to both inform yourself how to quit without cravings and to remove the desire and craving for drinking and drugs, and also use Core Protocol part 1 during the process of getting alcohol and addiction-free, it will greatly help in the process.
Ancillary Protocol part 1: Psychological, Therapeutic
Meta-Cognitive Therapy (MCT) is very effective at helping depression and anxiety. Must be learnt and practiced over prolonged periods of time. Persist. 8The efficacy of metacognitive therapy for anxiety and depression: A meta-analytic review – Nicoline Normann, Nexhmedin Morina, Arnold van Emmerik, May 2014
Ancillary Protocol part 2: Meditation and Lifestyle
- Do 20 minutes of meditation once or twice a day 9When science meets mindfulness The Harvard Gazette – Alvin Powell, April 9, 2018
- If you don’t know how to meditate, or prefer audio-guided meditation, use the free smartphone app called Insight Timer (Android, iPhone) or Beyond Meditation (iPhone) to guide you into meditation.
- Alternatively, if you prefer silent meditation, you could alternatively use the guide here to learn how to practise Transcendental Meditation.
- If you prefer yoga, then do that. If you don’t know how then use Youtube to guide you, or go to a class in your area.
- Reduce time spent alone as loneliness is literally a killer. Learn to give love and receive love. 10Depression is a disease of loneliness
– Andrew Solomon.
- Get out in nature. Walk, run, sweat, lie in the grass in the summer, swim in the rivers and lakes. I cannot stress how important this is. 11Sour mood getting you down? Get back to nature. Research suggests that mood disorders can be lifted by spending more time outdoors. July, 2018.
- Reduce or eliminate screen time (smartphones, computers, gaming) as it is a major nervous stressor. 12Association between screen time and depression among US adults, Authors: K.C.Madhava, Shardulendra Prasad, Sherch and Samendra Sherchanc I cannot stress how important this is.
- If you’re unemployed or have a poor routine, then get a job or volunteer.13Unemployment and mental health, August 2009 Something immersive like waiting on tables (although challenging in many ways) is very therapeutic as it takes the focus off your own thoughts and issues. If that seems like too much at the start, then volunteer to do something charitable. The core protocol alone probably will not work if you’re sitting alone in your house all day doing nothing. It will help you get off the couch but then you have to take the reins. I also cannot stress how important this is.
- If you are mired in blaming others for your illness, in resentments or in the victim mentality then you need to forgive and let go of that. That’s empowerment. I cannot stress how important this is. 14Take Personal Responsibility, Don’t Blame Others, Take Personal Responsibility, But Don’t Hold Others Responsible, Posted Dec 14, 2011.
- Get someone who you can trust, to talk to and to reveal your feelings and concerns to. There are a huge number of caring, empathic, altruistic people in the world who love helping others. This is essential 15Face-to-face socializing more powerful than phone calls, emails in guarding against depression Phone calls, digital communications less able to lower depression risk, OREGON HEALTH & SCIENCE UNIVERSITY, OCT 5, 2015.
- Reduce or quit smoking as it increases stress hormones and worsens depression. 16Smoking and Depression, By Krisha McCoy Reducing these stress hormones (adrenalin, cortisol, cholesterol) and free radicals, carbon monoxide alone reduces symptoms of depression and anxiety. If you can’t quit smoking then switch to vaping.
Laminine YTE: The Ultimate Gift to Health [Booklet] Christopher Hertzog – July 1, 2016
Move Over Prozac – How Turmeric Helps with Depression – Kelly Brogan MD
A Prospective, Randomized Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study of Safety and Efficacy of a High-Concentration Full-Spectrum Extract of Ashwagandha Root in Reducing Stress and Anxiety in Adults. K. Chandrasekhar, Jyoti Kapoor, and Sridhar Anishetty
The effects of probiotics on mood and emotion. Kane L1, Kinzel J.
Can Paleo Improve Low Mood & Depression? Marc Bubbs, ND, CISSN, CSCS. March 18, 2015
My Doctor Prescribed Daily HIIT Exercises for My Depression. Here’s What Happened. Mary Sauer on February 23, 2018
The Association between Alcohol Dependence and Depression before and after Treatment for Alcohol Dependence
When science meets mindfulness The Harvard Gazette – Alvin Powell, April 9, 2018
The efficacy of metacognitive therapy for anxiety and depression: A meta-analytic review – Nicoline Normann, Nexhmedin Morina, Arnold van Emmerik, May 2014 https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Nexhmedin_Morina/publication/261802565_The_efficacy_of_metacognitive_therapy_for_anxiety_and_depression_A_meta-analytic_review/links/57174b1008ae2679a8c618f5.pdf
Depression is a disease of loneliness – Andrew Solomon, The Guardian
Face-to-face socializing more powerful than phone calls, emails in guarding against depression Phone calls, digital communications less able to lower depression risk, Oregon Health & Science University , Oct 5, 2015
Association between screen time and depression among US adults, Authors: K.C.Madhava, Shardulendra Prasad, Sherch and Samendra Sherchanc
Unemployment and mental health, August 2009
Take Personal Responsibility, Don’t Blame Others, Take Personal Responsibility, But Don’t Hold Others Responsible, Posted Dec 14, 2011
Sour mood getting you down? Get back to nature. Research suggests that mood disorders can be lifted by spending more time outdoors. July, 2018
Smoking and Depression, By Krisha McCoy