According to some studies, there are several vitamins and herbal that can act as home remedies for depression. The effectiveness of these remedies have been the subject of the depression studies for years. While there are other researches claim that depression is a disease that can only be cured by medication, there are some people I know that said these remedies help when they are depressed.
Depression is a feeling of persistent sadness, involving feelings of helplessness and hopelessness. It involves not only mood but also feelings of being physically ill and did not able to think clearly.
Depression can affect anyone. A Once identified, the majority of people diagnosed with depression are successfully treated . Every year more than 17 million American adults experience a period of clinical depression. The cost in human pain to do can not be estimated.
Depressive disorders come in different forms, just as is the case with other illnesses such as heart disease. The three most common types of depressive disorders are
- Major Depression
- Bipolar Disorder
However, within these types there are variations in the number of symptoms, their severity, and persistence.
The Causes of Depression
Whoever its cause, depression is not simply a state of mind. It is related to physical changes in the brain, and is connected to an imbalance of a type of chemical that carries signals in your brain and nerves. These chemicals are called neurotransmitters.
Common Home Remedies Depression
Vitamins as home remedies for depression
- Vitamin B1 – is essential for energy production and function of cells of nerve.
- Vitamin B3 – Insufficient vitamin B has been associated with anxiety ans depression.
- Vitamin B5 – Vitamin B5 is active in the formation of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, which may be involved in a certain depression and anxiety.
- Vitamin B6 – Vitamin B6 has a major importance in regulating your mood disorders and is involved in all the vitamins in the cause and treatment of depression OD.
- Vitamin B12 – The mental changes caused by deficiency of vitamin B12 can raise from difficulty in concentrating or remembering, mental fatigue and low moods, a severe depression, intense agitation etc..
- Vitamin B9
Herbs as home remedies for depression
- St. John’s Wort (Hypericum perforatum)
- 5HTP (5-hydroxytryptophan)
- Ginkgo Biloba
- Clarocet NRI helps to balance food and specialty chemicals in the body that have been known to help in the process o neurotransmitter reuptake.
More explanation about this matter here
Other Home Remedies Depression Worth Trying.
The fatty acid Omega-3 are also thought to be absolutely necessary to healthy mental functioning.
Now I think that is all for now. Remember, always consult your doctor or health practitioner if you are planning to use the depression home remedies. We would also love to hear your thoughts and opinion about this matter. Use the comment section under, and share your experience relating to home remedies depression.